to the Michigan Association of Agriscience Educators web page!
MAAE is a professional organization for agriscience educators
- Congratulations to the 2016 NAAE Region IV Award Winners:
- Renee Wangler - NAAE Region IV Outstanding Young Member
- Joesph Ankley - NAAE Region IV Teacher Turn the Key Scholarship Winner
- Bill Wheeler - NAAE Region IV Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
- Upcoming MAAE Meeting Dates:
- MAAE Board of Directors: Monday September 26, 2016 at 6:00 pm - Laingsburg High School Media Center
- MAAE Awards and Recognition – Tuesday November 8, 2016
- Fall MAAE General Session – Wednesday November 9, 2016
- Winter MAAE Board of Directors – Conference Call, Monday January 9, 2017 at 6:00 pm
- Spring MAAE Board of Directors – Saturday April 22, 2017 at 9:00 am, MSU Pavilion
- Summer MAAE General Sessions – Tuesday June 20, 2017, Mackinac Island
- Summer MAAE Board of Directors – Friday June 23, 2017, Mackinac Island
- 2016 Michigan Award Winners:
- National Agriscience Teacher of the Year: Lora Finch, Homer
- Outstanding Teacher: John Schut, Caledonia
- Outstanding Young Member: Renee Wangler, Newaygo
- Outstanding Program: Tracey Hoffman, Ovid-Elsie
- Teacher Turn the Key: Joe Ankley, North Huron
- Outstanding Cooperation: AgroLiquid
- Information from the 2016 MAAE Summer Professional Development Institute:
- Want to contribute to MAAE? You can show your support by making a contribution through the Michigan FFA Foundation, which provides support for Michigan Agriscience Teachers through professional development and scholarship opportunities for educators.
- MAAE Mentor-Mentoree Responsibilities:
- Contacting mentoree on bi-weekly basis. Reminding of deadlines Asking if help needed with curriculum FFA updating & offering training materialsChecking on individual personally
- Contacting other individuals or organizations that may assist mentoree ie. MSU, MDE, MAAE, agricultural organizations
- Mentoree to contact mentor on regular basis with questions concerning Program management FFA activities Curriculum Time management
- Respond to contacts from mentor
- Join the NAAE Communities of Practice to find resources, share information, and keep tabs on what is happeningNAAE is offering Webinars (Online Professional Development Opportunities) Click here for more information.
Michigan Association of Agriscience Educators, M.A.A.E.
| Treasurer: Kevin Nugent, 11090 Five Mile Rd., Lowell, MI 49331 | Secretary: Megan Merrill, 3700 Delano Drive, Eaton Rapids, MI 48827 | email@example.com